Job Title: Engineering Manager
This position is for the lead engineering role of a multi-national, multi-site company. You will be assisting the day-to-day production of draw formed tubing, welded tube assemblies, and other laser cut, EDM, or machined medical components. The position involves using your engineering skillset to work with our manufacturing team to drive efficient manufacturing, resolve complex manufacturing defects and eliminate root causes. Will develop and revise production processes, procedures, equipment, tooling, and facility/work cell layouts for both existing and new products. You will work with customers to bring their projects from development into commercial volume production.
- Project lead for driving eligible processes through the transfer from development to production.
- Develop manufacturing processes to meet part and system quality requirements.
- Help Laser, EDM, Milling and other operations to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Develop laser cutting strategies, programs and processes for manufacturability.
- Perform statistical analysis and DOEs where process optimization is required.
- Process Qualifications & Validations
- Process Documentation and training where applicable (Manufacturing Process, Manufacturing, Setup, Preventive Maintenance etc.)
- Participate in customer technical communication as needed.
- Develop or assist in design, costing, training and continuous improvement activities.
- Provide hands-on engineering support for new product industrialization and initial production runs insuring that the process is capable of repeatably producing high quality product that meets specification, productivity, and cost targets.
- Define critical-to-quality process parameters (speeds, temperatures, pressures, etc) using a Process FMEA or other analytical tools. Then implement measurement and control systems to insure the process operates as required to meet product and customer specifications.
- Manage daily process quality performance to include the investigation of issues, the disposition of items with defects, and the initiation of corrective and preventative actions.
- BS degree in mechanical or mechatronic engineering.
Education, Experience, and Skills :
- Fluent in French (C2) and proficient in English (C1).
- Demonstrated technical writing skills.
- Good communication capabilities with production employees and customers.
- Experience or knowledge in Laser processing, especially femto second lasers and/or machining and supportive processes
- Medical Device experience, familiarity with QSR or ISO 13485.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes for draw forming, welding.
- Prior experience working in an engineering/sales/operation role in manufacturing
- Experience in process development, value stream layout, PFMEA, and error proofing
- Design for manufacturability and assembly
- Experience in CAD and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) for component and tooling design.
If qualified, send resume to HR@Resonetics.com
Limitations and Disclaimer:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.