This position employs an individual to perform set-ups, operation and adjustment of CNC Swiss machines in a production manufacturing environment. This position performs routine or repetitive operations that meet production standards and quality requirements.
- Operate Swiss CNC machines. (Citizen L12 and/or L20).
- Run production and deburr parts as required.
- Change broken/dull tools and perform offsets as required to keep the machine producing conforming parts.
- Perform In-Process-Inspection on parts being manufactured and record inspection data.
- Inspect parts using microscopes, micrometers, OGP, gage pins, thread gages, indicators, calipers and other equipment.
- Read and understand layouts, job travelers and blueprints.
- Understand Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Ensure written manufacturing processes and procedures are being followed.
- Ensure proper compliance with company quality and safety standards.
- Ensure preventative maintenance duties are completed for equipment and maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Employee must conduct themselves in a professional and appropriate manner, as well as maintaining a high standard of job performance.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities.
- High School diploma or Equivalent; degree or certificate in Machine Tool Technology.
- 2-4 years’ related experience and/or training; and/or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Familiar with operating Citizen L12 and/or L20.
- Ability to adapt quickly and positively to changing priorities and processes.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Prior experience and/or training in production setting and comparable manufacturing preferred.
- Understanding of tooling requirements to setup and operate machines in the department, including pre-setting of tools.
- Familiarity with ISO Quality System particularly in medical device manufacturing.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and specifications.
- Strong math background, preferable in machine math/shop math.
Standing and walking for short periods of time.