CNC Operator – 3rd Shift
This position employs an individual to perform setup, operation and adjustment of semi-automated or automated CNC/NC equipment. Primarily Swiss, CNC turning center, wire EDM, high energy barrel tumbler, manual lathe, manual mill and surface grinders.
The CNC Operator will perform routine or repetitive operations that meet quality requirement and production standards.
Employee must conduct themselves in a professional and appropriate manner and is responsible for maintaining a high standard of conduct and job performance.
- Operate the following: Automated and semi-automated Swiss L12 and L20 machines.
- Ensure written manufacturing and other procedures are being followed. Ensure proper compliance with company policies and quality regulations.
- Adjust tools and replace as necessary.
- Read and understand layouts, travelers and blueprints for the parts being run (includes Geometric Tolerancing).
- Perform necessary side operations during machine cycle time as required.
- Recognize problem processes and/or an unsafe set-up and recommend alternatives.
- Provide assistance and training to other operators and may be required to move to other machines if needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience comparable manufacturing environment demonstrating the ability to follow detailed technical processes using mechanical equipment.
- Proven understanding of tooling requirements to setup and operate machines in the departments, including pre-setting of tools
- Familiarity with ISO Quality System particularly in medical device manufacturing.
- Strong ability to read and understand blueprints and specifications.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to process information in both English and Metric measurement systems; ability to convert between the two. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages.
If qualified, apply now. Job title and job location must be included in the application.
To apply for this job, email your details, the job title and job location to firstname.lastname@example.org
Limitations and Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.