This person will be the subject matter expert (SME) for the Swiss Machining team. The CNC Swiss Machinist will perform set-ups, operate, troubleshoot and verify the quality of work in the CNC Swiss Machining area. This position performs routine or repetitive operations that meet production standards and quality requirements.
- Program, set-up and operate CNC Swiss machines. (Citizen L12 and L20)
- Regulate machining factors like speeds, feeds, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut. Command, retrieve, input, edit CNC programs, detect errors and adjust as needed.
- Adjust tools and replace as necessary.
- Ensure written manufacturing and other procedures are being followed. Ensure proper compliance with company policies and quality regulations.
- Read and understand layouts, job travelers and blueprints.
- Have a good understanding of tooling and tooling applications.
- Understand Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Follow set-up procedures and recommend improvements.
- Troubleshoots complex machining job problems without supervision.
- Assist operators in machining parts to specification, perform measurements, visual checks and examine results on all products for visual and dimensional defects to ensure conformance using precision instruments such as microscopes, micrometers, calipers, OGP, etc.
- Assist in process development with engineers, technicians and supervisors.
- Be involved with and perform pre-production and program validation related to changes in new products and tooling.
- Provide design input and build fixtures needed for production and prototype runs.
- Recognize problem and/or unsafe processes and recommend alternatives.
- Train new and existing operators on proper manufacturing and quality procedures for production.
- Ensure preventative maintenance duties are completed for equipment and maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Employee must conduct themselves in a professional and appropriate manner and is responsible for maintaining a high standard of conduct and job performance.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities.
- High School diploma or Equivalent; degree or certificate in Machine Tool Technology.
- 2-4 years’ related experience and/or training; and/or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Familiar with operating L12 and/or L20.
- Must be self-motivated, self-directed, and can work well as a part of a team.
- Ability to adapt quickly and positively to changing priorities and processes.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Prior experience and/or training in production setting and comparable manufacturing preferred.
- Proven understanding of tooling requirements to setup and operate CNC Swiss machines, including pre-setting of tools.
- Ability to write and edit programs using a CAM package (such as GIBBS / ESPRIT).
- Familiarity with ISO Quality System, particularly in medical device manufacturing.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and specifications.
- Strong math background, preferable in machine math/shop math.
- Standing and walking for short periods of time.
If qualified, apply now. Job title and job location must be included in the application.
To apply for this job, email your details, the job title and job location to firstname.lastname@example.org
Limitations and Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.