As a Lightspeed Lab Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of engineers and technicians providing an industry leading prototype development service to Resonetics’ medical device customers. The rapid development services include quick-turn quotes, prototype fabrication, and production transfers. You will be responsible for ensuring the team delivers high-quality results on schedule. You will also collaborate with other teams including manufacturing and quality engineering to ensure seamless transfer of project to production.
- Mentor and coach team members to help them grow professionally and achieve their career goals.
- Foster a can-do attitude towards technical and customer challenges.
- Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement. Foster a rewarding work environment.
- Manage department metrics including but not limited to quote lead times, on time delivery, revenue targets, and profitability.
- Plan job routing, resourcing, & scheduling.
- Support identification and planning of projects to be considered for production transition.
- Support cross departmental teams in conjunction with production transitions
- Oversee Lightspeed Lab quality related issues to include Customer Complaints and Corrective Actions.
- Ensure process parameter records, work instructions, and CAPAs are initiated and completed.
- Support the definition, planning, and completion of nitinol development projects.
- Provide design for manufacturability input and work closely with operations.
- Provide technical skill training to operators and technicians.
- Support Operations in solving on-going production issues.
- Support Sales through the customer education, project scoping, and quoting processes.
- Monitor other engineers in the Lightspeed for technical effectiveness and offerassistance when necessary.
- Instruct and help engineers and technicians to develop optimum processes.
- Schedule and approve overtime/work schedules.
10+ years of experience successfully managing a technical recruiting department, preferably at a medical device manufacturing company
Bachelors Degree in Business, Human Resources, Leadership, Management or similar.
Demonstrated and progressively responsible experience managing recruiting teams
Experience developing rigorous internal talent processes that will deliver exceptional results to hiring managers, business partners and other key stakeholders
Problem-solving and team-building skills are required
Comprehensive knowledge of recruitment best practices, human resources laws and practices, state and federal employment laws and other regulatory requirements
Prior enterprise ATS implementation and experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering or physical science disciple.
- A proven track record of working effectively in fast-paced environments, delivering quality results on time, and exceeding expectations.
- Ability to present and convey complex engineering ideas to internal and external customers.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings using a GD&T system.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and processes.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Standing and walking for short periods of time