The Manufacturing Engineer Manager is responsible for the management of all Manufacturing Engineers and Engineering Technicians at a designated site. This individual must have significant technical expertise to guide and assist the staff in determining the most repeatable approach for a specific laser process; balancing safety, quality, cost and throughput.
- Lead the Process Development Procedure (PDP). Ensuring timely, cost efficient transfer of product into production.
• Lead the Site’s year over year cost reduction program. With a focus on yield, throughput and labor improvements.
• Interacts with Application Development Team in support of in-house engineering needs.
• Working in conjunction with the Sales Team, provides contract manufacturing costing inclusive of lead time.
• Develop process documentation consistent with company policies.
• Implement Lean Six-Sigma and 5S+1 methodologies and programs.
• Manage employee conduct or performance in a manner consistent with Company policies.
• Support, maintain and encourage Resonetics quality policies.
• Work with Quality to design, implement, and monitor quality awareness and improvement programs.
• Ensure that Company’s environmental, health and safety guidelines are followed.
• Assist the Site Director in determining the best allocations of staff and machine resources.
• Lead preventive and demand maintenance programs including spare equipment parts inventory management.
- BS in an engineering discipline with a minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a highly technical processing environment or equivalent experience.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Effective interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Lean Six-Sigma Green Belt
• Prior experience working in an FDA or ISO 9000 regulated engineering environment.
- Prior engineering management experience.
• Laser micro-machining experience.
• Ability to provide technical assistance in the identification of new products, processes and technologies.
• Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Ability to work long hours in support of customer requirements.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
If qualified, apply now. Job title and job location must be included in the application.
To apply for this job, email your details, the job title and job location to email@example.com
Limitations And Disclaimer:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.