This individual’s primary responsibility will be to manufacture and clean components to customer specification. This position is responsible for operating and troubleshooting machines and processes. They provide input to improve processes and resolve manufacturing issues in cooperation with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Maintenance. Must be able to follow instructions that may be in the form of drawings and written or verbal direction. Employees must become familiar with procedures and are aided with direct supervision. This position is part of a team and a heavy emphasis will be placed on the individual’s ability to participate in a team environment.
- Operate various production equipment such as welding and dispensing machines, 10 ton press, shearing, laminating, chemical cleaning, etching and exposing equipment.
- Perform tasks involving moving mechanical parts and energized electrical equipment.
- Monitor equipment for alarms and product defects seen by the eye and make decisions on whether to stop the process or continue while waiting for help.
- Manually inspect parts using stereoscope or magnified ring lights.
- Maintain accurate records, logs, and data entry.
- Communicate promptly on issues affecting safety, yield, or production.
- Perform simple to medium complexity tasks related to customer specific process requirements.
- Perform measurements on process parameters to ensure the process is ready to run and is running in control. Adjust process as needed.
- Troubleshoot basic process and equipment problems
- Daily cleaning of the work area. Wet processes require period spray out and chemical “cook outs” to ensure machines are clean.
- Verify system conditions or equipment status before operation.
- Train other employees on production processes or equipment usage as requested by Supervisor.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals when troubleshooting is needed.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Follow safety guidelines and wear PPE when required.
- Employee must conduct themselves in a professional and appropriate manner and is responsible for maintaining a high standard of conduct and job performance.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with automated or manual inspection equipment
- Minimum three years experience in a manufacturing environment preferably medical device..
- Familiarity with ISO Quality Systems particularly in medical device manufacturing.
- Use of optical inspection equipment. This may be defined as a magnifier, microscope, and/or equipment used for measuring product.
- Good dexterity as many jobs require the handling of many small components.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Repetitive Movements.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Ability to wear appropriate clean room attire (full bodysuit, face mask, etc)
If qualified, apply now. Job title and job location must be included in the application.
To apply for this job, email your details, the job title and job location to email@example.com
Limitations and Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.