PROCESS ENGINEER WITH NITINOL EXPERIENCE
The principle responsibility of this position is to This work will include extracting relevant technical data and requirements from the Customer in early development phases and working internally to drive the transition from prototype parts to fully released commercial production. Will work with other internal Engineering, Quality, and Production personnel to develop processes that integrate lean concepts, user friendly tooling, ergonomics, throughput, and product quality. Job includes writing technical protocols and reports.
- Project lead for driving eligible processes through the transfer from development to production.
- Develop Nitinol manufacturing processes to meet part and system quality requirements.
- Develop laser cutting, shape-setting (heat treatment), and electropolishing processes for manufacturability and compliance.
- Perform DOEs where process assessment optimization is required.
- Process Qualifications & Validations
- Process Documentation and training where applicable (Manufacturing Process, Manufacturing, Setup, Preventive Maintenance etc.)
- Participate in the review of incoming orders for applicability to existing capabilities and determine any potentially necessary alternatives.
- Participate in customer communication as needed.
- Develop or assist in design, costing, training and continuous improvement activities.
- BS or MS in a relevant Engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment in an engineering role.
- Strong oral communication skills
- Excellent writing skills, able to write detailed reports, comprehensive manufacturing procedures and assist Quality Engineering with Validation protocols and reports.
- Nitinol Manufacturing and/or Design Experience
- Nitinol Tooling Design Experience
- Controls Software experience
- Strong Statistical skills
- Automated measurement system programming experience
- Project Management and Leadership skills
- Knowledge of SPC or other process capability analysis for use in the determination of production readiness.
- Experience working with multiple axis motion controllers.
- Experience with industrial laser, especially femto second lasers.
- Experience working in a medical device or regulated environment.
If qualified, send resume to
Limitations and Disclaimer:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.