The Project Manager will proactively quote, plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of designated projects/programs (industrial laser micromachining and related systems for the medical device and life sciences industry) to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and budget parameters. The individual engages and leads a multidisciplinary team for system design and fabrication projects from quote, to design & design reviews, purchasing, fabrication & assembly, and test, and installation of new systems at internal and external customer sites.
- Serve as primary contact for assigned program (portfolio of projects).
- Coordinates activities across different departments and functional groups including production, sales, engineering, advanced development, purchasing, assembly, test, service, etc.
- Direct and coordinate activities of allocated resources to ensure program/project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget and established key performance indicators (KPI’s); monitor status of deliverables.
- Maintain ultimate cost, schedule, and technical performance responsibility for assigned program/projects.
- Create and maintain quote, requirements compliance matrix, project charter, project management plan, integrated master schedule, and project risk register; proactively develop risk mitigation plans.
- Facilitate/generate scope, schedule or budget change orders as required during the quoting/bidding and execution of the projects.
- Facilitate decision making within the project team to drive progress to completion during execution to the requirements (both internal and customer’s) and ensure project delivers on quality, scope, time, and cost.
- Prepare periodic program/project reports and communicate program/project status, including elevation of issues and risks as needed, to key internal and external stakeholders on a timely manner.
- Other duties assigned.
- Minimum BS degree in Engineering, Physics or related field with a minimum 5 years of industry experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in project management experience successfully leading “design & development” projects from concept development through transition into production.
- Strong understanding of Project management fundamentals and best practices, including PMP BOK (Body of Knowledge).
- Stakeholder, requirements, and resource management skills.
- Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft software (MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio) .
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented individual.
- PMI PMP® certification in Project Management and/or Program Manager and/or Agile.
- Technical experience (ideally hands-on) with lasers, optics, precision motion, automation, inspection and system controls.
- Working knowledge of digital visualization tools such as Microsoft PowerBi and/or Tableau.
- Understanding and experience with QMS for regulated industries such as ISO9100, ISO 13485 Medical Devices or similar.
- Understanding of mechanical standards (e.g. ASME) and electrical standards (e.g. IEEE, NFPA79 and UL).
- Experience with Design Reviews and Stage Gate processes such as NPI.
- Some travel may be required (<20%).