This position will be responsible for overseeing the CAPEX/Fixed Asset reconciliations, transaction volume and processes across the company while supporting various initiatives and systems implementation projects. The Senior Accountant is responsible for complex general ledger month-end/year-end reporting & reconciliations with heavy use of Excel to manipulate data – with concentration around CAPEX/Fixed Asset data
- Complex general ledger month-end/year-end reporting & reconciliations with heavy use of Excel to manipulate data – with concentration around client data
- Solid understanding of ERP systems and how transactions flow and impact the relevant subsidiary ledgers and general ledger.
- Maintain financial security by adhering to internal accounting controls
- Responsible for preparation of journal entries and schedules for high volume Fixed Asset/CIP transactions
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reconciliations of Balance Sheet accounts and sub ledgers, in Blackline
- Ability to perform a thorough review of balance sheet and income statement accounts – tasks to be performed include recommending/executing correcting entries, raising potential issues for discussion, identifying problem accounts, analyzing balances for accuracy and completeness and proposing accrual or deferral entries as appropriate
- Prepare reports required for financial audits and management as needed
- Maintain detailed and organized accounting records and perform ad-hoc projects as needed
- Provide all backup and explanations for internal and external Audit requests
- Assist in Sage Fixed Asset Software Implementation
- Support process improvement
- Work with other departments
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years of relevant accounting experience required
- 2+ years experience with Fixed Asset accounting a plus
- Manufacturing experience required
- Epicor, Sage and Blackline experience a plus
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
- Must be a self-starter
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills
- Proficient with the use of ERP systems and ability to pull detail data to support account analysis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Advanced proficiency in Excel is required
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent time management, project management and planning skills required.
- Attention to detail
- Must possess strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to multi-task and work with a high sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment.
- Energetic, passionate and positive can-do attitude a must
If qualified, apply now. Job title and job location must be included in the application.
To apply for this job, email your details, the job title and job location to firstname.lastname@example.org
Limitations and Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.