Job Title: Quality Engineer
The Operations Manager has overall responsibility for Production and Supply Chain areas in the Costa Rica facility. The person in this position leads the execution of organizational strategies, standards and practices to achieve a Business Excellence organization. In addition, the Operations Manager collaborates closely with other areas within the organization in Costa Rica (Quality and Engineering) as well across the organization and outside the organization (Legal and Payroll), to leverage resources and expertise to ensure our products are consistently meeting customer expectations and also the operation is meeting Costa Rica legal requirements.
The Operations Manager will oversee all daily operations of the plant to ensure safety and quality policies and procedures are followed as well as ensuring all KPIs of the Plant are met.
The Operations Manager has a direct interaction with the customer and is responsible to ensure all the material is at the plant to meet customer requirements as well plan and level load the production demand and ensure shipments are made on time and without issues at customs, meeting all Procomer regulations for FTZ.
- Lead with a clear view of where Production and Supply Chain need to be in 1-3 years; communicates strategic direction to employees and how it fits with the day-to-day actions and results being driven.
- Identify and drives continuous improvement efforts through standardized work to reduce cost and improve productivity and quality.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Set clear and measurable performance expectations and goals for Production and Supply Chain, in line with corporate goals; proactively analyzes and manages all relative operations performance metrics.
- Ensures alignment with functional leadership (e.g., finance, safety, human resources, Quality and Engineering) on performance management and talent development.
- Ensure the site operates within the Company’s ISO quality management system.
- Participate in the development of the location’s monthly revenue forecasts.
- Monitor and adjust production output and staff levels to support the location’s revenue and cost targets in order to improve the contribution margin.
- Participate in the development and control of the location’s budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Working with the Director of Operations to develop and implement winning strategies to grow revenue and profitability.
- Lead Procomer Audits and ensure site operates within Procomer regulations.
- BS degree in engineering or business administration.
- Prior experience managing a manufacturing department/organization in a technical environment.
- Prior experience managing Production and material control/ purchasing/planning and Import/export.
- Knowledge of customs procedures and regulations in FTZ
- 3 or more years of experience in Management roles.
- Experience leading a Lean/six-sigma organization.
- Experience in a Medical Device Manufacturing environment.
- This person needs to be proactive, people and results oriented, great communicator and proactive. Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
- Lean Green Belt.
- Prior experience managing an independent manufacturing organization.
- Familiarity with contract manufacturing, ISO and FDA quality system requirements, medical device and diagnostics manufacturing.
- Lean, six-sigma Black Belt certified.
- Laser processing and/or automated material handling knowledge
- MBA or Project Management degree
- Epicor ERP expertise
- Ability to work long hours when necessary and to have a presence with a 24/7 operation.
- International travel required.
- Willing to work in a start up growing company.
If qualified, send resume to HR@Resonetics.com
Limitations and Disclaimer:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.