Manufacturing Capabilities // METAL FABRICATION
We continue to advance technology in the medical device industry and photochemical machining is one area.
Sometimes the right solutions for medical challenges rely on long-standing, unique methods that have been implemented and innovated for years.
Resonetics has been producing unprecedented photochemically machined components for over 50 years and is widely recognized as a leader in precision etching of thin materials.
These photochemical etching techniques use a strategic combination of exclusively designed equipment. Resonetics’ in-house methods allow your medical devices to benefit from their custom resist, online process control, and enhanced metrology capabilities to produce high volume products with leading-edge tolerances and unprecedented results in both through-etch and partial-etch processes.
PHOTOCHEMICAL MACHINING FEATURES
- High resolution complex components
- Through-etch for discrete components
- Partial-etch for blade sharpening
- Tight tolerance (+/- 10 microns)
- Microfluidic sensors
- Filter screens
- Through feature minimum size is equal to the material thickness plus 0.025 mm
- Standard through feature tolerance is ± 15% of metal thickness
- Critical through feature tolerance is ± 10% of metal thickness (±0.010 mm min)
- Standard center-to-center tolerance is ± 0.010 mm
- Partial-etch thickness reduction capability is available for single or multiple areas and depths
- Standard partial-etch features are 65% reduction in material thickness (0.025 mm min)
- Standard partial-etch depth tolerance is ± 10% of metal thickness removed (± 0.004 mm min)
- Thickness range: 0.015 mm - 0.500 mm
Standard sheet size: 12"x27" (305 mm x 686 mm)
- Capable of etching sheets up to 20"x27" (508 mm x 686 mm)
- High-volume manufacturing
- On-site automation and tooling team iterate and scale quickly
- Glass photo tools for precision high volume capability
- Experts at advanced etching techniques such as surface texturing and partial depth etching
- High yield, high volume 0.6 mil (15 micrometer) line / space circuit etching with 12 micrometer Cu thickness
- Automated vision inspection systems to ensure product quality