The Production Manager is responsible for the performance of the Value streams of the business including safety, delivery, product quality, labor performance, and mentoring of the team. Also responsible for hiring, training and personnel management. Serves as an important link between day-to-day manufacturing management, quality, continuous improvement, engineering, and senior management as it relates to the overall performance of the business.
- Act as the overall management authority for the day-to-day production planning, manufacturing and shipment of each production program.
- Developed and practiced leadership skills to build the team environment of direct reports including the ability to lead through influence of non-direct associates.
- Support the annual budget creation including capital equipment needs and staffing additions.
- Accountability to site specific, annual cost savings metrics.
- Drive operational excellence and continuous improvement throughout the site working directly with the CI leaders of the business.
- Work with Quality to design, implement, and monitor quality awareness and improvement Support and drive Resonetics quality policies.
- Monitor the efficiency and quality of all production jobs and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Participate in the NPI process with the focus on ensuring production readiness
- Observe, support and contribute to Company safety programs, policies, and initiatives, ensuring a culture of safe work habits within the organization.
- Determine workstation allocation/usage, support new workstation implementations, scheduling of preventative maintenance to equipment, manage overtime or extra shifts as required.
- Manage employee conduct or performance in a manner consistent with Company
- Responsible for staffing allocations between all production programs to maximize efficiency.
- Develop process documentation consistent with company
- Coordinate/direct/prioritize cross-organizational functions in the identification and implementation of process improvements.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant manufacturing experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in a manufacturing managerial role.
- Knowledge of lean tools such as 5S, Visual Factory, value stream mapping, production smoothing, line balance.
- Demonstrated experience with FDA/GMP or ISO 13485 requirements.
- College degree in industrial engineering, management, business administration or equivalent.
- ERP systems/fundamentals knowledge and understanding
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft software (MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel) to enable the creation of work instruction and other production documentation.
- Lean Six-Sigma green belt.
- Ability to work long hours when necessary and to have a hands-on presence with a manufacturing operation.