The IT Site Technician role efficiently provides high-quality support to all Resonetics site users and visitors. The Technician is responsible for the secure and effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of all site hardware and software while conforming to Resonetics and Managed Service Provider policies and procedures.
- Support all site office and production floor workers with hardware, software, network, and security-related activities including:
- Technical support for desktops
- Support for various Microsoft products, third-party software, and cloud services
- Overall system support (e.g. performance issues, outages)
- Network support including WAN and LAN connectivity, firewalls, and security
- Remote access solution implementation and support including VPN and Remote Desktop Services
- Recurring onsite maintenance activities
- Perform all activities in accordance with Resonetics and Managed Service Provider policies, procedures, and specifications
- Ensure all IT software and infrastructure-related issues at the site are addressed, resolved, escalated in a timely manner
- Effectively track status and time in ticketing system
- Update and maintain technical documentation as required
- Troubleshoot and manage escalations from the help desk, project team, and managed services group
- Maintain regular communication with site users to ensure awareness of incident progress, upcoming changes, or agreed outages.
- Take live support calls for immediate triage
- Proactively share technology and/or process-related recommendations with leadership to improve overall service level performance
- Immediately escalate any identified security issues to Resonetics management
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Other IT-related projects and tasks as assigned
- Assocaites Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of experience as IT Technician or similar role at a Manufacturing firm
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, Group Policies, Office 365, Exchange, and virtualization technologies
- Solid network troubleshooting and problem-solving skills including TCP/IP concepts and LAN/WAN issues
- Experience troubleshooting issues related to DHCP & DNS
- Experience and familiarity with firewalls, routers, managed switches, wireless controllers and WAPs
- Working knowledge of Cisco, SonicWALL, Sophos and Meraki appliances
- Familiarity with a broad spectrum of on-premises/Cloud disaster recovery systems
- Experience with malware remediation
- Experience with AV and AM products including Sophos, ESET, MalwareBytes or others
- Knowledge in all supported versions (desktop and server) of Microsoft Windows Operating System
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills with ability to switch tasks frequently and successfully manage multiple issues concurrently
- Experience with ConnectWise and Kaseya an advantage
- Good knowledge of security and data privacy principles
- Mac/iOS Experience is desirable but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or relevant field
- Job will be based out of our Blaine, Minnesota site (3 days/week). The right candidate will be willing and able to commute to our Hudson, Wisconsin site (1 day/week) and to our Hutchinson, Minnesota site (1 day/week). The time spent at the different sites may vary over time based on project and other requirements, though most of the resource’s time will be spent at the Blaine, Minnesota site.
If qualified, apply now. Job title and job location must be included in the application.
To apply for this job, email your details, the job title and job location to firstname.lastname@example.org
Limitations And Disclaimer:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.