This position requires a buyer who can work in a dynamic, fast paced manufacturing environment. This person will be responsible for all procurement and material planning activities assigned to them. This includes, but not limited to, opening, maintaining, and closing of related jobs. Identification, price negotiation, procurement, and delivery of material for said jobs, derived from the PO Suggestion screen and independent demand. Typical commodities include sheet-metal fabrication, precision machining, OEM equipment, optics, chemicals, services, wire and cable..
• Create and/or execute jobs for kitting and assembly as required, in ERP system
• Identify procurement requirements from PO suggestions and Independent demand for Inventory, Service and MRO items
• Solicit quotations, negotiate pricing, provide analyses, execute and manage purchases in ERP system
• Manage safety stock items in ERP system to include Safety Stock setup and maintenance
• Establish and maintain vendor relationships while insuring best pricing, delivery and quality
• Make suggestions for potential streamlining of processes, procedures and practices
• Assist with shipping, receiving and material issuance as necessary to provide backup for department
• The ideal candidate will have three or more years of experience in material control/ purchasing with mechanical buying experience.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Past experience working within an MRP system is essential.
• Epicor MRP experience preferred.
• Microsoft Office skills preferred.
• Experience in a shipping/receiving role is a plus.
• Epicor ERP experience is a definite plus.