The Sr. Buyer is responsible for the procurement and timely delivery of raw materials, components, consumable materials, equipment, and services needed to meet the objectives of the business at the best total cost and quality.
- Lead purchasing activities in collaboration with manufacturing, planning, and engineering departments to acquire inventory and services in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Solicit quotations, negotiate pricing, provide analyses, execute and manage purchases in the Epicor ERP system.
- Monitor long-term material demand. Ensure site requirements are thoroughly satisfied, while supporting corporate inventory initiatives.
- Work closely with engineers and department managers in new product development, DFM, and identifying best in class suppliers.
- Expedite material deliveries for production shortages or schedule changes.
- Interface and communicate with suppliers to ensure performance expectations and optimal business relationships.
- Work with Shipping/Receiving and Accounts Payable to resolve invoice and/or transaction discrepancies.
- Provide guidance to other Buyers in highly technical or escalated situations.
- BS in Business or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of purchasing experience, preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- ERP systems.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Solid knowledge of computers and software such as Word, Excel, or Power Point.
- Proven ability to work as a team player.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting supply issues.
- Epicor ERP experience.
- APICS education is a
If qualified, apply now. Job title and job location must be included in the application.
To apply for this job, email your details, the job title and job location to firstname.lastname@example.org
Limitations and Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.