The Buyer/Planner role will have primary responsibility for purchasing and production planning activities at the site to achieve business objectives and customer service goals. Includes proactive risk mitigation, supply execution oversight, forecasting, production planning and monitoring and reporting of results.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining production jobs and production schedules based on Epicor MRP recommendations and customer demand to ensure the controlled flow of work and materials through manufacturing.
- Plan and schedule production jobs to Production using Epicor to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders.
- Collaborate with site planners to plan, schedule and track intercompany material orders.
- Identify purchase requirements from Epicor PO suggestions and independent demand for inventory, Service and MRO items.
- Solicit quotations, negotiate pricing, provide analyses, execute and manage purchases in Epicor ERP system
- Analyze and support the inventory cycle count program to resolve any discrepancies.
- Support and actively participate in weekly revenue and monthly forecast cycle.
- Identify and implement process improvements as well as lean manufacturing processes to improve efficiencies, cost, waste reduction, and other lean principles.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes including inventory control, materials requirements planning, demand planning, and supply chain planning.
- Ability to effectively negotiate price, quality, delivery, and other terms with suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working within an MRP system.
- Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Epicor MRP experience preferred
- APICS education is a plus
May require some lifting of heavy boxes or items.