Looking for Southern California Area:
The Director, Business Development is responsible for revenue generation and account management. The Director, Business Development identifies opportunities for and closes on design and micro manufacturing services to medical device and diagnostics (aka life sciences) companies consistent with company objectives. This role will require close coordination and communication with the VP, Sales, Director of Marketing and Account Management, Account Managers, Lightspeed ADL Application Engineers and Managers, Finance, and various technical and operations managers in the company. The Director, Business Development will represent the company at trade shows, symposia, medical congresses, and other networking events.
· Identify and convert new business with medical device and diagnostics companies who will use Resonetics design and micromanufacturing services.
· Effectively target and screen new opportunities to engage Resonetics’ Lightspeed ADL, a best-in-class prototyping and process development business unit, with operations in NH, OH, MN, CA, Switzerland and Israel.
· Establish “production wins” by converting Lightspeed ADL projects to volume production and gaining dual sourcing production work straight from target accounts. Negotiate favorable pricing and terms and build true win-win relationships.
· Support existing life sciences accounts, providing outstanding relationship management to retain business and secure next generation work and other projects.
· Leverage the success from one account division to gain entry to another division and penetrate that business to identify new growth opportunities.
· Utilize planning tools and market intelligence to develop strategies and tactics to achieve sales objectives in a consistent fashion.
· Analyze bookings and backlog and participate fully in monthly and annual forecasting exercises to provide good visibility for capacity and financial planning.
· Establish pricing by working with relevant company personnel to establish price points that address specific customer’s needs while satisfying company objectives.
· Communicate with customers and a highly technical support staff to interact effectively in a technology-rich environment.
· Take a self-directed leadership role in the support and resolution of technical and business customer-related issues.
· Keep appropriate documentation (trip reports, expense reports, various sales reports) current at all times.
· Represent the company professionally in all interactions and present capabilities and proposals in a knowledgeable and effective manner to earn the trust and respect of all stakeholders.
· Maintain current knowledge of relevant product/service offerings to offer technically accurate solutions to customers.
· Participate in selected conferences and exhibitions, network effectively to build brand awareness with targeted accounts and individuals.
Work effectively as a team member and colleague to assist other employees in achieving success in their projects and responsibilities.
· 10 + years’ experience selling products & components to medical device and/or diagnostics companies (OEMs) and/or 8+ years as a customer-facing applications engineer with a strong sales aptitude.
· Proven track record converting prospects into revenue generating accounts.
· B. S. degree favoring engineering, science or business management.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable interacting with staff at all levels within the customer organization.
· A proactive mindset, outgoing personality and bias for action is required.
· Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills; must deal with internal and external customers ethically and honestly.
· Familiarity with medical manufacturing, ISO and FDA quality system requirements.
· Ability to read engineering drawings and solid models and be credible in front of customers is required.
· Must be thorough and persistent with a strong work ethic, willing to work extra hours to meet customer needs and company objectives.
· Adept at being a strong customer advocate and building long-term relationships, while also keeping company’s needs front of mind.
· Willing to travel in and outside the territory as needed, including to Resonetics’ facilities outside the U.S.
- Experience with laser processing in the medical device environment.
- Relationships with key customers and prospects in the territory.
- Quick thinking individual with a demonstrated capacity and comfort multi-tasking.
Valid U.S. driving license and frequent travel via automobile and commercial flights.
Compensation: $150, 000- $165,000 annually
If qualified, apply now. Job title and job location must be included in the application.
To apply for this job, email your details, the job title and job location to firstname.lastname@example.org
Limitations and Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.