The Director, Operations has overall responsibility for all areas of operation including Quality & Manufacturing Engineering, Production & Materials Management. The person in this position leads the development and implementation of organizational strategies, standards and practices to achieve best-in-class performance. In addition, the Director, Operations collaborates closely with other leadership across the business to leverage resources and expertise to ensure our products are consistently meeting customer expectations.
- Lead with a clear view of where the organization needs to be in 13 years; communicates strategic direction to employees and how it fits with the day to day actions and results being driven.
- Identify and drives continuous improvement efforts through standardized work to cut cost and improve productivity and quality.
- Set clear and measurable performance expectations, in line with corporate goals; proactively analyzes and manages all relative operations performance metrics.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating conditions of the company.
- Establish and monitor quality objectives.
- Ensures alignment with functional leadership (e.g., finance, safety, human resources) on performance management and talent development.
- Ensure the facilities operates with the Company’s ISO and FDA quality management system
- Participate in the development of the locations’ monthly revenue forecasts
- Monitor and adjust production output and staff levels to support the location’s revenue and cost targets.
- Participate in the development and control of the location’s budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Working with the senior leadership team, help to develop and implement winning strategies to grow revenues and profitability.
- BS degree in a technical field, preferably engineering or life sciences.
- Prior experience managing a manufacturing department/organization in a technical environment.
- Prior experience managing an engineering team.
- Experience working within a Lean, sixsigma organization.
- Prior experience managing an independent manufacturing organization.
- Familiarity with contract manufacturing, ISO and FDA quality system requirements, medical device and diagnostics manufacturing.
- Lean, sixsigma green or black belt certified.
- Laser processing and/or automated material handling knowledge MBA or relevant business management
- Ability to work long hours when necessary and to have a presence with a 24/7 operation.
- International travel required
$150,000 – $175,000
If qualified, apply now. Job title and job location must be included in the application.
To apply for this job, email your details, the job title and job location to firstname.lastname@example.org
Limitations and Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.