This position employs an individual to provide technical support for Laser Micromachining Systems. The concentration of responsibility will be on both External Customers and Internal Resonetics machines. Additional areas of focus include, but are not limited to procedural recommendations, records keeping, technical training, laser refurbishment, troubleshooting to the component level, and onsite customer service to include system installations. Both domestic and international travel will be required. This position has a heavy emphasis on hands-on autonomous work.
- Work as an induvial contributor and as part of a multi-disciplinary team to set up, calibrate, diagnose, repair, and troubleshoot complex systems in a fast-paced environment (industrial and cleanroom).
- Assist and perform Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) of newly built equipment
- Install equipment at customer sites and interacting with the customer.
- Perform Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) of equipment on customer’s premise or remotely/virtually.
- Provide Remote Technical Response and Support.
- Assist with onsite sales of service and spare parts.
- Perform laser repair, inclusive of teardown, inspection, repair, and rebuild.
- Perform laser alignment on electro-mechanical and optomechanical systems and modules.
- Perform quality checks and maintain quality records post servicing of equipment
- Write and review service procedures for accuracy, make modifications and recommendations to the Service Manager to maintain compliance with ISO maintenance requirements.
- Comply with the policies, procedures, and standards of the company and department.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum High School diploma
- An AS degree in an engineering or electronics discipline is preferred.
- At least five years of experience in building, installing, maintaining, and repairing industrial manufacturing equipment.
- Experience with international travel and working with foreign customers.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, including active listening
- Self-motivation and a strong team player. Who can work with minimal supervision
- Proven, hands-on ability with multimeters, amp meters, oscilloscopes, and other test equipment for the use of testing AC/DC circuits
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and electronic schematics and to troubleshoot to the component level
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Products
- Excellent time-management and communication skills
- Effective reading and technical writing skills
- Background and understanding of PC hardware, software, IT protocols, and network topology
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid US Passport and be willing to travel for multiple weeks in a row
- Proficiency in building, operating, and maintaining laser-based systems
- Working knowledge of Motion Control/Robotics hardware and CNC Machine Codes.
- Able to analyze and resolve non-routine technical issues
- Proficient in structured problem solving
- Enthusiastic team member with a drive to learn and contribute
- Ability to maintain a flexible and pragmatic, can-do attitude
- Commitment to act with a sense of urgency, accountability, resilience and persistence.
- Good manual dexterity, ability to stand and walk for extended periods requires the ability to lift hardware/objects up to 50lbs
- Able to climb stand on ladders for an extended period while working on equipment.
- Must be able to travel up to 75%, domestic & international, typically 1-4 weeks duration depending on the project
- Wear PPE including Respirators, Face Shields, Safety Glasses, Coveralls, Gloves, Safety Shoes, etc.