The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the demand, preventative maintenance and EHS activities to sustain equipment, reduce equipment downtime and ensure EHS compliance while providing direct supervision of the engineering technician personnel to support these activities. This position also includes a supporting role for facility and IT related activities.
Systems and Service
- Provide technical support, preventative maintenance and general upgrade and improvements for the Company’s laser-based, grinding, and CNC machining systems and ancillary equipment
- Effectively repair unplanned equipment failures in a timely manner
- Assist and lead as required equipment changes and new installations including the support of IQ (Equipment Installation Qualification) and PQ (Process Qualification) and OQ (Operation Qualification) of all applicable equipment
- Additional areas of focus include, but are not limited to: spare parts inventory, tracking, procedure generation, failure mode and repair record keeping, maintenance and repair scheduling, technician training, laser refurbishments, troubleshooting, system installations and support
- Review and maintain necessary procedures for compliance to ISO requirements related to maintenance
- Actively pursue continuous improvement to reduce equipment downtime and to support organizational goals
- Assist with the facility maintenance as assigned by providing support for plumbing, HVAC, electrical, natural and process gas systems, fire, security, communications and IT systems, and housekeeping activities.
- Work in conjunction with the Company’s EH&S consultant and the Company’s Safety Committee to ensure the Company complies with all Federal, State and Local Laws and Regulations including the timely filing of all permits and reports, including employee training.
- Ensure all Safety Policies and Procedures are documented and current, and all employees have been properly trained
Ensure that the Company’s environmental, health and safety guidelines are followed by providing training and reporting noncompliance issues and concerns.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a technical role
- Demonstrated technical writing skills
- Minimum two years in a lead or supervisory role
- Experience in laser workstations
- Supervisory experience
- A two year technical degree or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of Federal, State and Local Laws and Regulations as they relate to Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Experience with TPM (Total Productive Maintenance).
- Experience in tracking expenses and overseeing a budget
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word & Projects.
- Lean Six-Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Ability to work long and/or off hours to support the Company’s requirements.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds unassisted
If qualified, apply now. Job title and job location must be included in the application.
To apply for this job, email your details, the job title and job location to firstname.lastname@example.org
Limitations and Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.