The Process Engineering Manager is responsible for the improvement and sustaining of processes and procedures of existing Production products and the efficient and timely transition of new products going into Production.
The positions will be required to create strong relationships with internal and external team members to ensure project success.
- Effectively manage and direct Process Engineering staff
- After feasibility is shown, taking ownership and tracking of processes for all products going into Production from the Development group and implementing the most repeatable approach; balancing safety, quality, cost and throughput to meet internal and customer expectations.
- Responsible for actively looking for projects related to analyzing, designing, and implementing manufacturing process improvements that increase capacity, reduce lead-time, reduce the work-in-process, reduce defects, reduce scrap, improve process flow, operation’s cycle times and efficiency to improve contribution margins and reduce customer complaints.
- Ensure process and procedures (i.e setup sheets and work instructions) are accurate and updated for Production processes.
- Assist and lead full creation, documentation, and execution of process IQ, OQ and PQs for production products with clear rational of sample size calculations and capabilities.
- Working in conjunction with the Sales Team by providing contract manufacturing costing/quotes.
- Ability to produce progress reports to inform upper management of project status.
- Full understanding and documentation of risk assessment by using DFMEA/ PFMEA.
- A BS degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Effective interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Lean Six-Sigma Green Belt (Application of Methodologies as but not limited to VSM, 7’ Waste identification, Time Study, Line Balance, SIPOC, DOE, ANOVA, R&R, Capability Analysis, DMAIC, KAIZEN, 8D’s, Ishikawa Diagram).
- Prior experience working in an FDA or ISO 9001/13485 regulated engineering environment.
- Laser micro-machining experience
- Ability to provide technical assistance in the identification of new products, processes, and technologies.
- Lean and Six-Sigma Black Belt.
- Experience in Product development and product transfer.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience with Nitinol Manufacturing.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Minitab, Word & Projects.
- Ability to work long and/or off hours to support the Company’s requirements.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds unassisted
If qualified, apply now. Job title and job location must be included in the application.
To apply for this job, email your details, the job title and job location to email@example.com
Limitations and Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.