This job is considered to be a hands on leadership position in which an individual is expected to provide assistance to the Production Supervisor and perform as a highly skilled laser operator. The individual will work as a part of a defined workstation team, coordinating work activities, maintaining compliance to procedures, performing quality control checks, acting as a technical lead for first level problems, moving product into and out of the work area, assisting with training and assuming a role as a laser operator.
- Accurately prepare documents, production sheets and other reports and related paperwork as required by the contracting customer.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives and ensure information is shared with other members of the workstation.
- Motivate workers within the team to perform to the best of their abilities. Assigns individuals to specific job tasks and ensures that tasks are assigned based on the individual capabilities.
- Communicating issues proactively to ensure downtime is minimal when possible.
- Demonstrate job duties to workers and observe the performance of workers in the production team to ensure compliance with procedures and safety regulations.
- Encourage all members of the production team to stay on task and consistently meet quality and throughput goals.
- Communicate objectives and expectations as well as results to all team members regularly.
- Keep workers supplied with material and supplies necessary to complete work tasks.
- Verify count and record production work on daily production sheets and transfer such to the customer databases or customer profile. Ensure all daily reports are on time and the data is accurate
- Responsible for insuring preparation of shipment of finished goods to contracting customers.
- Keep their supervisor apprised of issues related to contract performance including delays, which could cause contracts from being completed on time.
- As a Team Leader, communicates worker performance as such would be related to quality/quantity aspects to allow for proper recognition of work evaluations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of previous experience in production.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical equations.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Inventory management skills
If qualified, apply now. Job title and job location must be included in the application.
To apply for this job, email your details, the job title and job location to firstname.lastname@example.org
Limitations and Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.