Production Technician – 1st and 3rd Shift
The Production Technician will assist the Production group in the setup and operation of primarily equipment in a process development or limited production environment. Additional responsibilities may include but not be limited to; setup of repeat work, training other employees, performing specific preventive maintenance tasks, documenting process conditions and results, and quality reporting. From time to time as certain workload conditions develop, it may become necessary for this individual to temporarily assume the role of Laser Operator.
- Routine responsibilities and duties involve the use of various procedures and the application of clearly prescribed standards and practice, requiring the use of good judgment
- Utilize various pieces of industrial machinery to complete optical and software setup of production level laser machining jobs to prescribed conditions
- Be resourceful and adaptive with the ability to find ways around obstacles or develop new approaches and/or methods
- Support Production Start-up Activities through Documentation Generation, Equipment Investigations, Maintenance needs and Job Safety Assessments.
- Take ownership of all assigned activities while ensuring that quality remains a high priority
- Initiate process change or machine service requests
- Perform simple to complex part inspections
- Analyze and document data and procedures
- Operate laser systems per procedure or through instruction under a variety of conditions
- Train other employees to processing conditions and requirements.
- Provide process demonstrations to clients
- Provide assistance and troubleshooting for production issues.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); degree or certificate in Machine Tool Technology; minimum with 4 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Prior experience and/or training in production setting and comparable manufacturing preferred.
- Proven understanding of tooling requirements to setup and operate machines in the departments, including pre-setting of tools.
- Ability to quickly and positively adapt to changing priorities and processes.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Mechanical and analytical aptitude.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment within primary job functions.
- Ability to work unsupervised and be self-motivated
- Strong math skills are necessary for this position as well as ability to read blueprints.
If qualified, apply now. Job title and job location must be included in the application.
To apply for this job, email your details, the job title and job location to email@example.com
Limitations and Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.