The Project Engineer will lead a multidisciplinary team responsible for designing and fabricating industrial laser micromachining, and related systems, for the medical device and life sciences industry. The Project Engineer must have a technical background and successful engineering track record along with expertise in project and task management.
- Serve as primary contact for assigned program (portfolio of projects).
- Coordinate activities across different departments and functional groups including production, sales, engineering, advanced development, purchasing, assembly, test, service, etc.
- Direct activities of allocated project resources to ensure program/project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget and established key performance indicators (KPI’s); monitor status of deliverables.
- Contribute directly to the execution of required engineering tasks as appropriate.
- Maintain ultimate cost, schedule, and technical performance responsibility for assigned program/projects.
- Create and maintain quote, requirements compliance matrix, project charter, project management plan, integrated master schedule, and project risk register; proactively develop risk mitigation plans.
- Facilitate/generate scope, schedule or budget change orders as required during the quoting/bidding and execution of the projects.
- Guide decision making within the project team to drive progress to completion during execution to the requirements (both internal and customer’s) and ensure project delivers on quality, scope, time, and cost.
- Prepare periodic program/project reports and communicate program/project status, including elevation of issues and risks as needed, to key internal and external stakeholders on a timely manner.
- Other duties assigned.
- Minimum BS degree in Engineering, Physics or related field with a minimum 5 years of industry experience.
- Technical experience (ideally hands-on) with lasers, optics, precision motion, automation, inspection and system controls.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in project management experience successfully leading “design & development” projects from concept development through transition into production.
- Strong understanding of Project management fundamentals to execute responsibilities above.
- Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft software (MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio) .
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented individual.
- PMI PMP® certification in Project Management and/or Program Manager and/or Agile.
- Working knowledge of digital visualization tools such as Microsoft PowerBi and/or Tableau.
- Understanding and experience with QMS for regulated industries such as ISO9100, ISO 13485 Medical Devices or similar.
- Understanding of mechanical standards (e.g. ASME) and electrical standards (e.g. IEEE, NFPA79 and UL).
- Some travel may be required (<20%).
If qualified, apply now. Job title and job location must be included in the application.
To apply for this job, email your details, the job title and job location to firstname.lastname@example.org
Limitations and Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.