The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for specifying and designing mechanical structure, opto-mechanics and transport/motion systems for high resolution production machines. Works with the design engineering team to specify, develop and engineer critical mechanical aspects of these systems. This position will perform critical system analysis on the mechanical concept, structure, optics and opto-mechanics and part handling including FEA, vibration analysis and thermal analysis on these systems to guide the design decisions.
- Specify, analyze and design high precision mechanical structures and systems (frame, enclosure, opto-mechanics, motion, tooling, and robotic handling).
- Work with the design team to identify critical aspects of the machine design.
- Carry the mechanical design activities through full design cycle for entire system or subsystems from concept to detailed dimension part and assembly drawings.
- Perform static and dynamic mechanical analysis of these critical systems.
- FMEA, vibration and thermal analysis of complex systems.
- Advice mechanical engineering team on system design requirements.
- Design validation.
- Assist transfer to manufacturing and assembly team when required.
- BS or Master in Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- 10+ years experience in mechanical or precision system engineering design position.
- Computer skills: AutoCAD and Solid Works required.
- Experienced with FMEA, vibration and thermal analysis software and techniques.
- Must have very strong analytical skills to analyze complex mechanical and opto-mechanical systems to make appropriate recommendations to our design team.
- Experience with high resolution (micron) optical system such as laser, photolithography or equivalent equipment.
- Must have excellent communication and computer skills.
- Experience with large format precision optical systems.
- Experience with precision motion control systems.
- Experience with automation systems (sheet, web, wires and small part handling and automation).
- Experience is the laser, optical, medial, semiconductor equipment or related industries.
If qualified, apply now. Job title and job location must be included in the application.
To apply for this job, email your details, the job title and job location to firstname.lastname@example.org
Limitations and Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.