This position employs an individual for the purpose of developing next generation electromechanical sensor design and manufacturing technology, executing on key customer Lightspeed projects, providing technical support to internal customers, and mentoring the internal technical team.
- Perform complex equipment set up and process development of electroplating and thin film deposition processes.
- Provide technical skill training and mentoring to application development engineers, application development technicians, and operators.
- Support manufacturing by solving complex production issues
- Generate and update setup sheets, work instructions, and CAPAs as required
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and work across several departments to achieve a goal
- Participate in sales support activities including sales presentations, customer visits, and technical seminars
- Conduct background literature searches on relevant technical topics of interest and provide summaries
- Develop new cleaning, plating, and coating processes and scale to manufacturing
- Monitor other engineers in the Lightspeed for technical effectiveness and offer assistance when necessary
- Execute Lightspeed projects for key customers as assigned
- Participate in internal technical exchange meetings
- Lead Advanced Technology Group projects including defining the scope and budget, driving daily execution, and reporting results monthly
- Participate in defining the technology roadmap
- Attend and present at relevant conferences and seminars
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience plus 15 + years of experience fine feature circuit fabrication.
- Strong competency in electro-chemistry used for electroplating
- Experience with designing electrical circuits, knowledge of the fundamentals.
- In depth fundamental understanding of electromechanical sensors such as strain gauges
- Ability to model complex electrical circuits and optimize for performance and manufacturability
- Ability to create and troubleshoot programs for inspection devices and other auxiliary equipment
- Ability to generate drawings and models (2D & 3D CAD) using GD&T
- Ability to present and convey complex engineering ideas to internal and external customers
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings using a GD&T system
- Ability to create job related documentation for quality purposes
- Proficient with the use of optical inspection equipment. This may be defined as a magnifier, microscope, and/or equipment used for measuring capacity
- Ability to quickly and positively adapt to changing priorities and processes
- Ability to exercise independent judgment within primary job functions
- Ability to work unsupervised and be self-motivated
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong leadership skills
- PhD in an engineering or science discipline
- Familiarity with ISO Quality Systems particularly in medical device manufacturing
- Ability to work long hours in support of customer requirements
- Standing and walking for short periods of time
- Ability to use a microscope, including manipulating small object under a microscope
If qualified, apply now. Job title and job location must be included in the application.
To apply for this job, email your details, the job title and job location to firstname.lastname@example.org
Limitations and Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.