This position employs an individual to program, perform setup, operation, and adjustment of semi-automated or automated CNC/NC equipment. Primarily CNC Milling Machines, Wire EDM, manual lathe, manual mill, and surface grinders.
- Translate requirements of detailed part drawings, models, and job instructions into machining methods to accurately create finished parts
- Set up, program, and operate CNC machining equipment utilizing a wide range of controls.
- Set up and operate manual machining equipment, this includes lathes, manual mills, grinders, etc.
- Set-up and operate precision testing, measuring, and inspection instruments
- Adjust tools and replace as necessary.
- Perform necessary side operations during machine cycle time as required.
- Recognize problem processes and/or an unsafe set-up and recommend alternatives.
- Provide assistance and training to other operators and may be required to move to other machines if needed.
- Employee must conduct themselves in a professional and appropriate manner and is responsible for maintaining a high standard of conduct and job performance.
- Ensure written manufacturing and other procedures are being followed. Ensure proper compliance with company policies and quality regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Strong mechanical and technical abilities/experience.
- Be able to read technical data such as blueprints and routings.
- G/M Code, Machinist Math, GD&T, Inspection methods.
- 2 year related technical degree with 2+ years’ experience.
- Proven understanding of tooling requirements to setup and operate machines in the departments, including pre-setting of tools.
- Familiarity with ISO Quality System particularly in medical device manufacturing.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to process information in both English and Metric measurement systems; ability to convert between the two. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages.
- Experience using one or more CAD/CAM software packages.
If qualified, apply now. Job title and job location must be included in the application.
To apply for this job, email your details, the job title and job location to email@example.com
Limitations and Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.