Swiss CNC Operator – 1st Shift
This position employs an individual to perform set-ups, operation and adjustment of CNC Swiss machines in a production manufacturing environment. This position performs routine or repetitive operations that meet production standards and quality requirements.
- Operate Swiss CNC machines. (Citizen L12 and/or L20).
- Run production and deburr parts as required.
- Change broken/dull tools and perform offsets as required to keep the machine producing conforming parts.
- Perform In-Process-Inspection on parts being manufactured and record inspection data.
- Inspect parts using microscopes, micrometers, OGP, gage pins, thread gages, indicators, calipers and other equipment.
- Read and understand layouts, job travelers and blueprints.
- Understand Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Ensure written manufacturing processes and procedures are being followed.
- Ensure proper compliance with company quality and safety standards.
- Ensure preventative maintenance duties are completed for equipment and maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Employee must conduct themselves in a professional and appropriate manner, as well as maintaining a high standard of job performance.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities.
- High School diploma or Equivalent; degree or certificate in Machine Tool Technology.
- 2-4 years’ related experience and/or training; and/or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Familiar with operating Citizen L12 and/or L20.
- Ability to adapt quickly and positively to changing priorities and processes.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Prior experience and/or training in production setting and comparable manufacturing preferred.
- Understanding of tooling requirements to setup and operate machines in the department, including pre-setting of tools.
- Familiarity with ISO Quality System particularly in medical device manufacturing.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and specifications.
- Strong math background, preferable in machine math/shop math.
Standing and walking for short periods of time.
If qualified, apply now. Job title and job location must be included in the application.
To apply for this job, email your details, the job title and job location to email@example.com
Limitations and Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.